Klaus-Peter Jacoby (MA)
Partner (GmbH), Sociologist and Political Scientist
|+49 6571 – 9999-897|
|+49 157 – 3959 3680|
|since 2013||Partner at iSPO (Institute for Social Research, Consultancy and Organisational Development) Saarbrücken|
|2008 – 2013||Freelance development consultant|
|2005 – 2007||Programme Officer for the evaluation of capacity development at the University of Costa Rica (Centre for Research and Training in Public Administration) as Integrated Expert, co-financed by CIM (Centre for International Migration and Development)|
|2001 – 2005||Senior Evaluator at CEval (Center for Evaluation) at Saarland University|
|1999 – 2000||Research Fellow at the Department of Sociology (Chair Prof. Dr. Reinhard Stockmann) of the Saarland University|
Design and implementation of results-oriented monitoring systems; impact evaluations; evaluation of capacity development; strategic planning; organisational development
Experience in the following sectors (among others): international development co-operation; basic/vocational/tertiary education; health (health system development, HIV/Aids combat and prevention, reproductive health and reproductive rights); environmental communication; household water and wastewater management; waste management.
- Final evaluation of the a project of then German Development Cooperation in Cambodia: “Social Health Protection” (September 2017 to January 2018)
- Final evaluation of a regional programme of the German Development Cooperation in South America: “Regional Amazon Program” (September bis Dezember 2017)
- Results-oriented monitoring consultancy for the Central Asia Drug Action Programme (March/April 2017).
- Results-oriented monitoring consultancy for the Cooperation Platform for Northern Latin America (COPLAN) aimed at promoting the transfer of innovative climate and environmentally friendly technologies to Central America and Mexico (October 2016 to March 2018).
- Regular project appraisals and offers for technical co-operation projects, primarily for GIZ (German Agency for International Cooperation GmbH).
Selected Completed Projects
- Final evaluation of a regional programme of the German Development Cooperation in Central America: “Tropical forest protection and watershed management in the Trifinio region” (June to September 2017)
- Final evaluation of the regional health support programme ‘Addressing Bangladesh’s Demographic Challenges’ implemented by GIZ (German Agency for International Cooperation GmbH) in Bangladesh (May to July 2017).
- Implementation of a results-oriented M&E system for Engagement Global gGmbH (implementation period: May 2014 to March 2017).
- Final evaluation of the sectoral project ‘Adaptation to Climate Change in the Health Sector’ implemented by GIZ (German Agency for International Cooperation GmbH) (January to March 2017).
- Rigorous Impact Evaluation of German development projects in the area of sustainable resources management in Central America (Nicaragua and Honduras), between July 2013 and March 2015.
- Modular Train the Trainer course for impact evaluation training programmes in Central America as part of the regional support programme ‘FOCEVAL (Fomento de Capacidades en Evaluación / Evaluation Capacity Development in Central America)’, in collaboration with CEval – Center for Evaluation (July to December 2012).
- Implementation of a system for the monitoring of corporate responsibility (CSR) in the value chain of the Brazilian steel manufacturer Gerdau, S.A. (2011 to 2012).
- Consultant to the Ministry of National Planning and Economic Policy of Costa Rica: implementation of concepts, instruments and assistance for strategic evaluations in the public sector of Costa Rica (2011 to 2012).
- Cross-sectional evaluation of projects in environmental communication in the German skilled crafts sector (approx. 30 individual projects such as ‘Evaluation of the Environment Centres of the German Skilled Crafts Sector’, commissioned by the Deutschen Bundesstiftung Umwelt (German Federal Environmental Federation) (2003 to 2004).
- Cross-sectional evaluation of projects on the implementation of environmental consultancy and environmental communication in German associations, funded by the Umweltbundesamt (German Federal Environment Agency) (approx. 35 individual projects, commissioned by the Federal Ministry for the Environment) (2001 to 2002).