iSPO and youth support services
A long-term focus of the iSPO Institute is the area of child and youth support services. We evaluate, accompany and advise projects, programs and measures of child and youth support on behalf of municipalities and districts as well as for independent youth support organizations.
- Social space orientation: In recent years, the social space has increasingly become a central steering unit for youth support. It is not only a structural factor – as the living environment of children and families it is the reference system for social action whose characteristics must be considered to design effective youth support interventions.
- Prevention: As in every field of action, it also applies to youth support services that the earlier they begin, the greater are the chances of achieving the intended benefits. Measuring the effects of prevention is methodologically a challenging task, which is often difficult for project-implementing organizations. iSPO provides important groundwork for clients and practitioners.
- Methodical features: In the youth support service, specific documentation and privacy requirements have to be taken into account. In addition, several actors are usually involved in measures of youth support, which are closely coordinated and networked.
- Results orientation: Against the background of increasing expenditures for youth support services and at the same time limited public funds, youth support services must increasingly answer questions about their efficiency and the effects achieved. Therefore, results oriented monitoring, outcome/impact evaluations and efficiency assessments (including cost-benefit analyses) in the field of preventive youth support measures are at the core of our service portfolio and expertise.
- Strategic and operational planning of innovative youth support projects and programs
- Development and implementation of management and steering tools
- Knowledge management; development and implementation of documentation tools (analog and digital)
- Results oriented monitoring, evaluations and methodological support of self-evaluation
- Quality assurance of project reporting